Our Goals for
Our office is located on Treaty 6 territory and the homeland of the Métis Nation. In the spirt of reconciliation, we recognize the traditional Indigenous territories within which we are located.
Furthermore, Engcomp recognizes the importance of Aboriginal engagement and education in our business and our industry.
As a majority-owned Aboriginal company, we have made the following commitments:
- Our Aboriginal Engagement Strategy will be meaningful to both our business and our Aboriginal community. We will not be satisfied with simply “checking boxes” and meeting minimum requirements.
- We will work in partnership with local Aboriginal groups to develop projects and pledge to continue to look for mutually beneficial opportunities.
- We will provide a place of work that respects all cultures and beliefs, including an opportunity for our team to self identify as Aboriginal.
- We will utilize available Aboriginal resource pools and databases in our hiring process.
- We will ensure that our team has appropriate Aboriginal awareness training and continuing education opportunities.
- We will meet regularly with others in our industry that are able to provide us with opportunity and guidance.
- We will participate in increasing the awareness of professional opportunities available to the Aboriginal community through speaking and presentation opportunities within our education community and the local community.
- We will revisit our commitment on a regular basis to ensure that we are meeting our objectives and setting new goals.
For more information on our Aboriginal Engagement strategy, please reach out to us.