Senior Risk/Decision Analyst
As an expert in your area, you will provide critical knowledge and guidance to our risk and decision analysis team. Duties will include setting up and simulation of quantitative models, using statistical methods and Monte Carlo simulations to complete quantitative risk analysis, qualitative risk management and assessment, decision analysis, facilitating client interactions and data collection, and business development. Mentoring of junior staff will also be expected.
The majority of your time will be spent on problem definition, model setup, data collection, simulation, and directing of others to perform analysis. This requires facilitation of meetings and interactions with the Client and subject matter experts (stakeholders), to gather necessary data and inputs necessary to complete the project objectives. Project leadership and training/mentoring will also be a responsibility within this position. Your expertise in this area will be invaluable in the development and direction of risk and decision analysis within our company, and we encourage your contribution to business development and marketing for potential project opportunities.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Commerce, Math/Statistics, or Computer Science from a recognized institution.
- An MBA, or advanced degree in business or economics would be ideal.
- A similar combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Spreadsheet modelling for probabilistic risk analysis.
- Statistical analysis/simulation of project costs, schedule and risks.
- Decision analysis and other quantitative analysis of complex problems.
- Qualitative risk management and assessments.
- Project scheduling and planning.
- Facilitating client interactions and information collection in order to achieve project deliverables.
- Mentorship of junior staff.
- Company marketing & client relations.
- Recommend and acquire resources for best practices in the field.
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires demonstrated strength of leadership and proven time management capabilities. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are essential. Your technical knowledge of the mining sector and proficiency with computer programs and statistical modelling software, particularly Microsoft Office and Risk Analysis Software (preferably @Risk) will round out your qualifications for this position. Familiarity with scheduling software would be considered a strong asset.
Key Knowledge and Experience
A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of risk and decision analysis is mandatory. Experience working in the consulting engineering field, primarily in the heavy industrial sector, with experience in construction, design, and business development is considered an asset. Experience with financial analysis and engineering economics would be a definite plus.
Resumes and cover letters can be sent in by mail, fax, or email:
2422 Schuyler Street
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7M 4W1
to email your resume to ENGCOMP
If you are sending your resume electronically,
please send it in Word or PDF format.
All information you send to us will be held
in the strictest confidence. Under no circumstance will representation
be made on your behalf without your prior authorization.
to Current Career Openings